Warning: Contains spoilers from Game of Thrones Season 6
We all know that it is very difficult to get things out of the Game of Thrones cast. It is only in the show that the showrunners have a knack of dropping hints throughout the series that become evident only later. However, if they are asked to reveal some spoilers in the form of a game, it might get you somewhere.
Game of Thrones stars Isaac Hempstead Wright (Bran Stark), Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark), Maisie Williams (Arya Stark), Dean-Charles Chapman (Tommen Baratheon) and Liam Cunningham (Ser Davos Seaworth) took the challenge of playing “Two Truths and a Lie” with Yahoo! after the series’ Hollywood premiere in April.
While most of the stars who played the game tried to give jokey answers, Sophie Turner and Maisie Williams were more forthcoming and gave us 6 plot reveals out of which 2 are false. These answers did not make much sense at that time but now that we are almost half way through Season 6, they can reveal some interesting spoilers!
Let’s see what they had to say:
Sophie Turner — Sansa Stark
- ‘Ramsay dies.’
- ‘Lady Stoneheart returns.’
- ‘Arya checks three people off her list.’
Now let’s analyze these answers based on our current knowledge:
- Now that Jon Snow is back and looking for revenge and we all know that we are going to see the Battle of Bastards this Season, this could actually be true. But it is very unlikely for a cast to reveal this big a plot.
- From the past two seasons we have been hearing the rumor that Lady Stoneheart – the resurrected Lady Catelyn – will return but we have not seen any trace of her yet. Could this season be the one when she returns? While the previous answer seemed more like a true one, this one is a 50-50.
- Arya still has 4 people left on her list. While we believe that it is very much possible for Arya to check three people off her list considering that she takes them off by forgiving them as well, let’s wait to see what Maisie’s three statements are before we give the verdict on this one.
Maisie Williams — Arya Stark
- ‘Arya goes to Westeros, back over the sea.’
- ‘Arya is in the trailer more times than people have realized, because they don’t realize it’s her.’
- ‘Arya doesn’t cross any more names off her list.’
Let’s analyze her answers now:
- If this statement is true, then it means that Arya Stark will be able to strike some people off her list. This makes Maisie’s third statement false and Sophie’s last statement most likely true.
- Here is the trailer that she is talking about.
Certainly, there seems to be a lot of Arya in this trailer but could she be hiding behind someone else’s face too? We shall get to know very soon.
3. One of the interpretations of this statement could be that Arya Stark dies. Could it be true? We would actually like to believe Sophie’s third statement and Maisie’s first statement, rendering this one false.
Whether these answers have any truth in them or not we really can’t say as the Game of Thrones cast have always pulled a fast one on us but one thing is for sure – this season is going to be jam-packed with action!